I suggest you ...

Enable text annotation

Add a feature to add text to the Snip image.

576 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RobRob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a needed feature. So far this is the only feature I have missed in Snip. Previously used SnagIt.

Text is a must to make this useful. Alot of are users demands this, that why we have to use another application in the company.

Agreed with many of the comments. Without the ability to type annotations, this is hardly an improvement over the native tool.

• SPSP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another request to add Text annotation. The ability to add short text fields to any Snip image would be amazingly helpful especially for web development ideas.

• Charles YeomansCharles Yeomans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes
        Some of us are not very good at writing.
        This is a weekness in all the drawing bits that are in Office365 apps.

• Nadeem BakhshNadeem Bakhsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge concern. The concept of this app was awesome, the shortcut tool awesome, but I just need to be able to write something quick, and no text input from keyboard, makes it much more unusable by the basic scientific principle of Fitt's Law.

Does anyone do any usability testing on these products before releasing them? It failed for me within 30 seconds of install and first use.

• MAXMAX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, its impossible to write an explanation in pen without a tablet device and writing with a mouse is impossible! please add a basic TEXT function

So many requests for adding a basic text editor - what about something like the "text button" from M S Paint but stripping it back to just one type face and font ? ( just like iA Writer https://ia.net/writer )

I saw this question and thought...it must be hard!
        "We need this - how hard can it be?"

• GLGGLG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes to Text annotation!!! - I hoped Snip would offer this - seems obvious. The pen functionality is nice but too primitive for more helpful annotation. Sniptool/Snip has become a very frequent tool for me used more and more in ad hoc reports from different sources of information.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base