I suggest you ...

Windows shortcut keys, and square pen key

It would be cool to use this tool, it looks pretty good. I would say though Zoomit and OneNote snipping still beats it for me. I love Zoomit's ctrl key and r g keys. The ctrl key is nice as you can use it to put a box around an area I am trying to highlight in my snip.

also it is nice to have windows short cut keys to start a new snip. that would be handy in this tool. it looks pretty kewl, but a few improvements would make it rock.

188 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew Kanieski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah! Keyboard shortcut for basic capture to clip board is huuuuge +1 for me. Always found that to be hugely convenient feature of OSX.

• AdminQian (Admin, snip) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently we support PrintScreen. it could capture the pull down menu. Hope it will be helpful to you!

Please be free to let us know if you need addional feature.

Qian

• Toni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be cool to be able to change it to a function key or another key.

• Francois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote snipping shortcut keys are broken with 2016. No more Win-N, S. Sad.
        Awesome to have this as a viable replacement!

• Francois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came here to suggest a windows shortcut key. Found that it uses the Printscreen key. Love it! This should be more clear in the UI.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give up the option to use a keyboard shortcut to active the app rather than have the app on the top of the screen. Currently, I have been using OneNote with a shortcut to invoke the screen capture for this purpose (but will be trying your app for the same purpose).

• Oliver Neumann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can define a shortcut within the properties of the executable itself. Go to the EXE, right mouse, Properties, Shortcut. I use CTRL-ALT-P

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know you can dock the snip app anywhere and its always open, but for those who like have all their favourite tools in the task bar, or those who like a keyboard shortcut, this would make for great productivity.

Many keyboards don’t have a PrnScn key anymore. I use a 60% mechanical keyboard myself.

Please allow a keyboard shortcut like Shift+Alt+4 to bring up the tool.

Only wish it had a keyboard shortcut similar to what I used to have on OSX, nothing involving the PrnScn button since many keyboards don’t even have that key anymore. I use a 60% mechanical keyboard myself.

Somehting like Shift+Alt+4 to bring up the tool would be best.

• Mika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

keyboard hotkey would be useful and a must for such kind of tool.

• Jean-Francois Prevost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can start a new snip simply by pressing the PrintScreen key. This enables you to capture menus as well. In the existing Snipping Tool the shortcut was CTRL-PrtSc. I have not seen this feature documented though.

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add a key combination to start the program? I see that PrtScn works when Snip is already running, but how about Windows+PrtScn to start Snip when it is not already running?

Feedback and Knowledge Base