I suggest you ...

Support more drawing primitives

It would be great if there were more drawing primitives (circles, squares, arrows, etc.

471 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LeeLee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

50 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Micah ZoltuMicah Zoltu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All I really want in a screenshot tool is the ability to draw an oval/rectangle around things, an arrow pointing at things and big text. All of these other features are things I don't really care about (like voice overs, hand-drawing, etc.). The one extended feature I would like is the ability to turn my snipping into a link via some online image sharing tool. Currently, I use `snag.gy` to copy/paste my image into without having to save a local copy first.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We, the users, should be able to edit the captured in MS Paint so that all shapes and arrows are available.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on adding this feature? It's been eight months since MS responded that they are working on additional annotation capabilities.

It's probably not in the forefront since this is freeware, but still...

• Jerome CORDELJerome CORDEL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is important to manage shapes and text as objects you can modify as long as you need.
        With this features, this tool would be a must have !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Snip! And agree... simple shapes... especially circle/oval, square/rectangle, and arrows would be amazing! Text would be good too.

Right now I have to copy the snip to Paint.net and then in to my doc. I'd love to take Paint.net out of the equation.

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any update on the primitive piece - I would hope we could pull from onenote or similar to implement quickly - this tool is cool and this feature would really make it usable full time

• rudyrudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you could add Text, Rectangles, Circles, Lines and Arrows primitieves.

Please take a look at ZoomIt.exe for ideas.

• Tom LorimerTom Lorimer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on being able to use primitives? It's a must have feature for any screen capture tool.

Thanks!

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please support drawing lines, rectangles and arrows!
        These are basic functions for every screenshot tool. Can't be this hard to implement...

This thread is now 5 month old! Still waitin :/

• Ray AckleyRay Ackley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rectangles without fill would be great - they work very well for bringing attention to specific lines of code/text.

• SanderSander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will you introduce arrows, squares and other annotation shapes? Annotating text would also be useful.

• Shah, BrijeshShah, Brijesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have supported Highlighter but Issue here is we want to highlight a single row then we need to accurate while we use this brush.

Instead take an analogy from fscapture. the way they did is, they use rectangle to select the area first and then do the highlighting on mouse leave event.

• Roy WilsonRoy Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would just like to add that I think this is a fantastic little product. All my little quibbles have been covered by everyone else so there is no point adding more. But it has now become one of my de-facto installs on any computer. Well done!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base